By Daniel C. Snell
- Covers the civilizations of the Sumerians, Hittites, Babylonians, Assyrians, Israelites and Persians
- Places specific emphasis on social and cultural history
- Covers the legacy of the traditional close to East within the medieval and glossy worlds
- Provides an invaluable bibliographical advisor to this box of study
Read or Download A Companion to the Ancient Near East (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar middle eastern history books
Protection of minority teams. non secular tolerance. Governance of ethnically different societies. within the Ottoman Empire Muslims and contributors of many alternative faiths lived alongide each other in peace. The Ottoman instance debunks the present stereotype of Islamic intolerance and gives a framework for a peace.
The 1st genocide of the 20 th century is still unrecognized and unpunished. Turkey maintains to disclaim the slaughter of over one million Ottoman Armenians in 1915 and the subsequent years. What units the Armenian genocide except different mass atrocities is that the rustic accountable hasn't ever formally stated its activities, and no person has ever been delivered to justice.
This two-volume reference offers collage and highschool students—and the final public—with a wealth of knowledge on the most vital empires the realm has ever recognized. • good points nearly one hundred eighty entries that hide a wide selection of themes relating to political, social, and tradition elements of Ottoman society• good points a variety of fundamental files that upload to the vividness of the portrayal of people and occasions• Explores the numerous nations and various ethnic, linguistic, and cultural teams encompassed via the Ottoman Empire • indicates how, for far of its historical past, Jews, Christians, and Muslims lived aspect via facet during this significant realm• presents the one paintings of its type written for collage undergraduates, highschool scholars, and most of the people
From the Pulitzer Prize profitable of the acclaimed Ghost Wars, this can be the entire tale of America's grim involvement within the affairs of Afghanistan from 2001 to 2016'The CIA itself will be difficult positioned to overcome his seize of world occasions' big apple evaluation of BooksIn the wake of the poor surprise of 11th of September, the C.
- Ottoman Medicine: Healing and Medical Institutions, 1500-1700
- Extraterritorial Dreams: European Citizenship, Sephardi Jews, and the Ottoman Twentieth Century
- The US-Iran Relationship: The Impact of Political Identity on Foreign Policy (Library of International Relations)
- Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel, and the Palestinians (Chomsky Perspectives)
- Bootprints Across Afghanistan
- Girls of Liberty: The Struggle for Suffrage in Mandatory Palestine (Brandeis Series on Gender, Culture, Religion, and Law & HBI Series on Jewish Women)
Additional resources for A Companion to the Ancient Near East (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)